Here is a delicious mango bean curry recipe with spices, turmeric, garam massala and cumin.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 tsp. of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 2 onions
- 30 g of ghee (clarified butter)
- 300 g mung beans
- 1 tbsp. coffee of garam massala
- 2 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 pinch of cumin seeds
- 5 tbsp. grated coconut
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Mung bean curry
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and cook the mustard seeds. Reserve.
- Peel, wash and cut the onions into mirepoix.
- In a casserole dish, heat the ghee. Cook the onions without coloring. Add the rinsed mung beans, pour 4 times the volume of water, add the garam massala and turmeric. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- At the end of cooking, add the cumin and mustard seeds, then the coconut just before serving.
Read also :
- Turmeric, health benefits and virtues
- Cumin, health benefits and virtues
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel