In spring with fresh asparagus or outside with frozen asparagus, indulge yourself with this frozen green asparagus soup with fresh cheese.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 onion yellow
- 1 clovegarlic
- 500 g ofasparagus green
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 15 g semi-salted butter
- 1⁄2 vegetable stock cube
- 150 g of cream cheese
- 5 cl of olive oil
- coarse salt
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Frozen green asparagus soup with cream cheese
- Peel, wash and chop the onion.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Peel and cut the ends of the asparagus.
In a Dutch oven,
- Bring water to a boil, season with coarse salt and baking soda, immerse the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes. Remove them and cool them immediately in ice water. Drain and set aside.
In a pot,
- Melt the butter, cook the chopped onion without coloring, add 25 cl of water, 1⁄2 vegetable stock cube and garlic. Continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes. Let cool completely (about 2 hours).
- Mix the asparagus with the cooled broth. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour the frozen soup into bowls. In each of them place fresh cheese balls made with a Parisian spoon.
Dress with a drizzle of olive oil and pepper.
LEARN MORE ...
Green asparagus :
Rather cultivated in Italy and Spain, green asparagus is still little known to the French, while France today produces it in a significant way. We must distinguish the false green marketed in Languedoc and the Toulouse region (green tip and top of the spear), a true culinary tradition, and the true green (green over its entire length) with a pronounced taste cultivated in Beauce and the Blois region. .
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel