Easy and tasty, the Gouda rice salad is quick to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 350 g of rice (whole rice)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 120 g of gouda French
- 150 g of Cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions with stems
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon vinegar cider
- 6 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- A few pink berries
- 4 strands of parsley dish
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Gouda rice salad recipe
In a large pot of boiling salted water,
- Cook the rice al dente according to the package instructions (depending on the rice used the cooking time may vary between 15 and 25 minutes).
- Drain it and rinse it under cold water. Let it cool completely for about 1 hour.
- Wash, peel and dice the cucumber.
- Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Wash and mince the white onions and their stems.
- In a salad bowl, pour the cooled rice, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, cheese. Mix.
In a bowl :
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.
- Mix and pour over the rice salad.
Arrange in a dish or on a plate, sprinkle with pink berries and chopped parsley.
Find out more about gouda
Named after a small Dutch port, gouda is an uncooked pressed, hard cheese made from cow's milk. Taking the form of a small wheel (3 to 5 kg) with a yellow and smooth rind, this cheese is matured between three and eighteen months: after three months of maturing (young), it offers a compact paste devoid of holes, initially tender and nutty, which hardens at six months (half-steamed) and becomes spicy after one year (steamed).
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel