Here is a delicious recipe for pumpkin and porcini soup, a real cream with autumn flavors.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 300 g of porcini mushrooms
- 50 g butter
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of shelled hazelnuts
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Pumpkin soup with porcini mushrooms
- Peel, wash, peel and cut the pumpkin into pieces.
- Peel, wash and chop the onion and shallot.
- Clean the porcini mushrooms. Cut them into slices.
- Melt 30 g of butter, add the onion and pumpkin, stir and pour in the chicken stock.
Cook until the blade of a knife easily penetrates the flesh of the pumpkin, about 15 to 20 minutes. Mix with the cream until you get a smooth texture. Check the seasoning.
- Roast the hazelnuts and crush them lightly.
- Melt the remaining 20 g of butter, and sauté the mushrooms for about 1 minute. Season.
- In deep plates, pour the pumpkin cream, sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts and porcini mushrooms. Season.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel