Scarification results in a stronger and denser lawn.
The operation consists of removing the mosses as well as the vegetable felt which tends, over the years, to settle in the place of your lawn.
It also prevents the spread of disease and ensures that your lawn is greener all year round.
Follow our advice and you will quickly get a like-new lawn that will make you proud!
Choosing the right scarifier
Depending on the surface to be scarified:
- Manual : for an area of less than 100 m2
- Electric : up to 500 m2
- Thermal : over 500 m2
Some models are equipped with a collection system, which makes the job much easier.
The best scarification period
- Twice a year : in spring after the first mowing and in autumn to strengthen the lawn before winter and remove mulch (dry grass)
- Before any renovation operation on your lawn.
The right technique for a well scarified lawn
- Scarification should be done on a slightly damp ground, neither soggy, nor too dry.
If necessary, it may be necessary to water the lawn beforehand.
- Scarification must be done by cross passages to avoid any unscarified area.
- The depth of scarification is between 2 and 4 mm, too deep an operation may pull out the roots.
- The waste must be imperatively and carefully picked up, either by the scarifier fitted with a grass collector or by the mower.
In video: renovating your lawn
Also read on lawn care:
- Give a facelift to your lawn!
- Learn to create your own lawn