Treat yourself with this recipe for a puff pastry with wild mushrooms and a crunchy fennel salad.
Preparation: 20 min - Cooking: 25 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 300 g of wild mushrooms (depending on the market: chanterelles, trumpets, etc.)
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 shallots
- 2 podsgarlic
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 30g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. to s. argan oil
- ½ bunch of coriander
- Salt and pepper
Recipe for puff pastry with wild mushrooms and crunchy fennel salad
Brush the mushrooms in order to get rid of their impurities (twigs, sand, earth…). For the dirtiest, place them in a colander and pass them in ice water, then drain them thoroughly. Cut them into strips.
- Slice the shallots and garlic very finely and brown them in a casserole dish (or in a pan) in a base of butter.
- Add the mushrooms to the casserole dish and mix well. Sauté them for a few moments.
- Divide the mushrooms among 4 crème brûlée molds and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Cut the puff pastry into discs the size of the molds, leaving about 0.5 cm protruding. Brush edges of mussels with beaten egg yolk. Place the dough like a lid on the mushrooms. The egg yolk will seal the dough on the molds.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake halfway up for 15 to 20 minutes of cooking. Cooking is complete when the dough is golden and slightly rounded.
While the puff pastry cooks, prepare the fennel salad:
- Wash, dry then finely mince the fennel.
- Squeeze the orange and lemon and pour the juice into a bowl.
- Add the salt, argan oil, pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Place the chopped fennel in the bowl and mix well.
Serve the hot puff pastry with the crunchy, fresh fennel salad.
To garnish the fennel salad, add a few Granny apple sticks and orange zest. To be tested in the same range of flavors: fennel confit in orange juice. The fennels are cut in half lengthwise and cooked gently in a base of orange juice and butter.
Photo credit: © Philippe Dufour