Easy, crunchy and delicious, this shortbread with nuts and figs is original and terribly delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 80 g of rice flour
- 120 g of a mixture of flour (cornstarch, chestnut, quinoa, small spelled)
- 6 tbsp. crushed walnut kernels
- ½ sachet of yeast
- 80 g semi-salted butter
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 figs
- 1 small pot of chestnut cream (or caramel)
- 2 tbsp. liquid honey
Nut and fig shortbread
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour, 4 tbsp. of crushed walnuts and yeast.
- Add the cold diced butter and the sugar. Stir in the egg. Mix well to obtain a smooth paste.
- Shape the dough into a roll then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Slice the dough roll like a sausage to obtain slices of about 5 mm. Shape them by flattening them slightly. Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool (about 15 minutes).
- Wash and cut the figs into 6 or 8 depending on their size.
- On each cookie, place the chestnut cream, a piece of fig and a few crushed walnuts.
Drizzle with a drizzle of honey, and enjoy!
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel