Here is the delicious recipe for Salers entrecote and its mellow potatoes.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 entrecôtes de Salers (380 g each)
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp. oil soup
- 3 large potatoes (Bintje)
- 120 g of dry Gaperon
- 10 cl of fresh cream
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of chive
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of mustard
- 6 tbsp. tablespoon flour
- 6 tbsp. fine breadcrumbs
- 30 to 40 cl of oil for frying
- Coarse salt
- Salt pepper
- 200 g of fresh Gaperon
- 10 cl of liquid cream
Entrecôtes de Salers and its mellow potatoes
For the mellow potatoes:
- Wash the skin of the potatoes. Place them in a pot of water, bring to a boil, salt and cook until tender.
Drain them, let cool and peel. Place in a salad bowl and mash with a fork. Incorporate the crème fraîche, the washed and chopped chives.
- Cut the dry Gaperon into large cubes.
- Break the egg, place it in a bowl with the mustard, season.
Beat into an omelet.
- Shape potato balls in the palm of your hand. Open them, place a Gaperon cube in the center, close. Successively roll the meatballs in the flour, in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan, place the meatballs there, cook to brown them, drain them on absorbent paper.
For the sauce:
- Crush the fresh Gaperon, place it in a saucepan with the liquid cream. Just heat over low heat.
- Heat the butter and oil, sear the meat and cook it to the desired doneness. Cut in half and serve with the mellow potatoes and the sauce.
Peanut oil and grape seed oil tolerate high temperatures (above 180 ° C) very well. For this reason, it is ideal for fried foods.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan