Veal is an ideal roast meat and all the more flavorful and fragrant when cooked with bacon and Comté.
Easy to make, Comté roast veal is perfect as a fall and winter dish.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 roast veal of 1 kg (nuts) already tied and wrapped
- 8 slices of County
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of veal stock
- 1 bowl of lukewarm water
- 15 cl of white wine
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 25g butter
- Salt pepper,
- Kitchen twine.
Roast veal with Comté
- Heat the butter in a casserole dish and brown the roast on all sides.
- Incise it deeply in 8 places.
- Slide a slice of bacon and a slice of Comté into each incision.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 7).
- Dissolve the veal stock in the bowl of lukewarm water and pour it into the casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine.
- Return the roast to the casserole dish and cover with the oven for 20 minutes.
- Then cook 10 minutes more, uncovered, to brown.
- Remove the roast.
- Pour the cream into the casserole dish and mix well, letting it reduce a little.
- Serve very hot.