Here is an ideal and quick starter to prepare for the holidays with crispy foie gras cones and Bonne Maman fig jam, lamb's lettuce, parsnip and beetroot salad.
Preparation time : 15 min
Cooking time : 10 to 15 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 12 bricks sheets
- 250 g of semi-cooked foie gras
- Figs fresh
- 12 rounded teaspoons of Bonne Maman Fig jam
- A bag of chewed up
- A beautiful beet very red
- 1 parsnip
- Nuts oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Aluminum foil or stainless steel cone
- Absorbent paper
Crispy cones with foie gras and fig jam, lamb's lettuce, parsnip and beetroot
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° (th.6)
- Cut the pastry sheets into 4 triangles.
- Brush them with butter and roll them into a cone.
- Improvise cones with aluminum foil if you don't have real ones.
- Color in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 ° C.
Carefully remove the aluminum cone and let cool on paper towels.
Garnish the cones only a few minutes before the tasting so that the bricks leaves do not get soggy and stay crispy.
- Cut the foie gras into small cubes.
- Cut the fig into small pieces 8 or 12.
- Dip the pieces of fig and foie gras in Bonne Maman fig jam.
- Fry them for a few minutes in a very hot pan without fat. Place them in the cone.
Add a little Fig jam on top.
Smart tip about foie gras and fig jam
Serve with a mixed salad, lamb's lettuce, thin strips of parsnip and chunks of beetroot.
Season with hazelnut oil and balsamic vinegar.