An Italian dish par excellence, risotto can be cooked in many forms. Here it is sublimated by the foie gras in this risotto recipe with foie gras milk.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 150 g of Carnaroli rice
- 1.5 l whole milk
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 pinch of ground coriander
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 200 g of fresh foie gras (a nice cutlet in short)
- 2 shallots
- 15 cl of well-reduced veal juice
Recipe for risotto with foie gras milk
- ƒHeat the milk with a little salt and the spices.
- In a casserole dish, sweat the finely chopped shallots without coloring, add the rice, mix for a long time then pour in 20 cl of lukewarm milk. Let cook over low heat, stirring very regularly, add another 20 cl of milk when the first quantity is absorbed.
- In a hot pan, place the escalope of foie gras seasoned with salt and pepper. Color it on both sides and let it rest for a few moments before mixing it in 30 cl of milk.
- Go Chinese and incorporate into the risotto.
- The risotto cooks for about 20 minutes and is served "al'onda", that is, so soft that a wave forms when you tilt the plate.
ƒ Arrange the risotto in small Japanese bowls and top with a drizzle of well-reduced veal jus.
© N. CARNET / CNIEL