Here is an original and no less delicious way to taste oysters with these oysters in jelly with 3 flavors.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 24 cupped oysters n ° 3
- 10 cl of white wine vinegar
- 10 cl of water
- 4 shallots
- 300 g ofspinach fresh
- 50 g butter
- 250 g of salicornia in vinegar
- 10 cl of dry white wine
- 6 gelatin sheets
- 1 kg of coarse salt
- Cracked pepper
- Salt pepper
Oysters in jelly with 3 flavors
- In a large saucepan, pour the water and the. vinegar. Bring to a boil, place the oysters there (in groups of 6). Add a few peppercorns, cover and let them open over high heat, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve.
- Peel, wash and chop the shallots. Just brown them for 2 to 3 minutes in 20 g of butter.
- Stem and wash the spinach.
- Melt 30 g of butter, place the spinach in it, season and cook over high heat for 2 minutes (they must remain firm). Remove from fire. Let cool.
- Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Shell the oysters (reserve their water), place the flesh on absorbent paper. Filter and pour the oyster water into a saucepan. Add the white wine and a dash of vinegar. Heat over low heat. Stir in the gelatin. In the first broth, remove from heat. Let cool slightly (the jelly should remain a little runny).
- In the hollow part of each oyster, distribute the shallots. Place an oyster. Cover with jelly. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and drained samphire. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover with the rest of the jelly.
- Pour a layer of coarse salt in the bottom of a dish. Place the oysters in it.
Reserve in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
Serve with rye bread or wholemeal bread!
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan