Jerusalem artichoke velouté is a great recipe that can be served as a starter or as an appetizer.
It should surprise more than one for both its smoothness and its originality.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of Jerusalem artichoke
- 1 onion
- Poultry broth
- 15 cl of sour cream
- 1 truffle (optional)
- 1 large knob of butter
- Salt pepper
> Health: health benefits and virtues of Jerusalem artichoke
Jerusalem artichoke velouté recipe
The recipe for velvety Jerusalem artichoke is very easy and quick to make.
- Start by peeling and slicing the onion
- Peel, wash the Jerusalem artichokes and cut them into large cubes
- Melt the butter then brown the onions without grilling them for 5 minutes
- Add the diced Jerusalem artichokes
- Cover with the chicken stock then cook for 20 minutes over a covered heat
- Mix everything finely
- Add the sour cream
- Cut the truffle into shavings (thin slices)
- Season with salt and pepper
Serve the soup of Jerusalem artichoke in deep plates accompanied by a few shavings of truffles.
An alternative is also to add a few shavings of foie gras at the last moment, it's delicious ...
Enjoy your meal !