As a starter or as an appetizer, here is a delicious recipe for cauliflower velouté, Saint-Jacques studded with white truffle from Sonia Ezgulian.
The best tasting period is from November to March for the Saint-Jacques.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 small cauliflower
- 50 cl of milk
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 8 nuts St-Jacques
- 1 small truffle white *
Cauliflower velouté recipe, Saint-Jacques studded with white truffle
- Cut the white truffle into sixteen sticks two centimeters high.
- Finely chop the rest of the truffle.
- Make a small incision in the scallops with a knitting needle, slip in two "nails" of truffle.
- Blanch the quartered cauliflower for about ten minutes.
- Drain and then immerse it in the milk and cream mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, let simmer for ten minutes before mixing and passing the soup in a Chinese style.
- Keep warm while frying, over high heat, for thirty seconds on each side, the scallops in salted butter.
- Arrange the Saint-Jacques on the cream poured into a small bowl and enjoy hot.
© N. CARNET / CNIEL