Here is a delicious rustic winter soup recipe made with carrot, potato, leek, bacon, garlic, emmental and grilled croutons.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 3 carrots
- 5 potatoes
- 1.5 liters of cold water
- 2 beautiful leeks
- 2 pink onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 100 g of bacon
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 4 slices of toast
- 100 g grated Emmental
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Place them in a bowl filled with cold water.
- Wash and mince the leeks.
- Peel and mince the onions.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the butter, add the carrots, leeks and onions. Sweat for a few minutes, add the bacon, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Pour in a liter of water, add the crushed garlic cloves, season.
Cover and cook for 1h15 over low heat.
- Drain and cut the potatoes into cubes. Add them 30 minutes
before the end of cooking.
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking, pour in the cream, mix and adjust the seasoning.
Serve with slices of toast and grated Emmental.
Find out more about the cream
It is during the skimming of the milk that the cream is made: naturally liquid, it is separated from the milk by a cream separator-centrifuge which also makes it possible to select a cream more or less rich in fat.
To obtain a thick cream, lactic ferments are added to it (inoculation) which, after a few hours of maturation, gives it a thickened appearance and a more acid taste.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan