Here is a potato and duck confit soup that should satisfy the most gourmet and warm up your winter evenings.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 300 g of potatoes
- 2 duck legs confit
- 80 cl of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 slices of bread
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Read also: health benefits and virtues of potatoes
Potato soup with duck confit
- Wash and peel the potatoes, dice them.
- Degrease and remove the leaves from the duck confit.
In a large saucepan,
- heat the poultry broth, add the potatoes, duck and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Cut the slices of bread into cubes.
In a pan,
- Melt the butter, add the croutons of bread, pepper and brown.
- In a small salad bowl, beat the egg yolk with the liquid cream. Season.
- Pour into the soup while stirring.
- Give a turn of broth.
Serve hot with the croutons.
Smart advice and well-being
Generally considered to be fatty meat, duck is actually very low calorie meat. Most of its fat mass is located in a homogeneous layer between the skin and the flesh: it is therefore easy to remove it if you are concerned about your figure. However, it is recommended to remove it after cooking, this fat providing more flavor and nutrition. The meat of duck, so tasty, is also rich in monounsaturated fatty acids helping to prevent cardiovascular disorders and diabetes.
Contrary to popular belief, the potato does not make you fat. Made up of 80% water and devoid of fat, it even provides fewer calories than pasta or rice.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel