In autumn and winter, it's the great season of 2 delicious dishes, pumpkin and scallops.
Let's marry them for this creamy velvety pumpkin and scallops.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 pumpkin (about 500g)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cube of chicken stock
- 10 cl of sour cream
- 2 already cooked chestnuts
- 12 nuts St-Jacques
Pumpkin and Saint-Jacques velouté recipe
This recipe is very easy to make, which can be used as a starter for a dinner with friends as well as for a fine and light meal.
Start by peeling and slicing the onion, then the pumpkin and cut into pieces.
- Brown a nice knob of butter in a Dutch oven
- Brown the sliced onion in the butter
- Add the pieces of pumpkin and turn them in the butter for 1 to 2 minutes without browning them
- Cover with water and salt
- Add the 1/2 chicken broth cube
- Cook for 10 minutes over simmering heat
- Add the 2 chestnuts and cook for another 5 minutes
- Mix everything
- Add the sour cream and mix
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan
- Cook and brown the scallops for 5 minutes
In deep plates,
- Pour the pumpkin soup on 1 cm (no more so that the scallops are not drowned)
- Place the scallops on top
- Serve hot
Enjoy your meal !