Easy to make and terribly flavorful, this recipe for chicken curry with fruit and yogurt should be everyone's favorite!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp. oil soup
- 20 g butter
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Apple
- 1 mango
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of sugar
- 2 plain yogurts stirred
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Chicken curry with fruit and yogurt
- Cut the chicken breasts into large cubes.
- Peel, wash and cut the onions into thin strips.
- In a casserole dish, heat the oil with the butter. Add the onion strips. Remove them from the casserole dish with a skimmer as soon as they start to color. Then place the meat, brown it on all sides. Remove it and set it aside.
- Incise the skin of the tomatoes by making a cross. Immerse them in boiling water for a few seconds until the skin bursts. Refresh them.
Peel, seed and chop them.
- Peel and dice the fruit.
- Place the onions back in the casserole dish, sprinkle them with curry. Add the tomatoes and sugar. Mix and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Then add the diced fruit. Top with the meat and pour water to its height. Season. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop the parsley. Add the parsley 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Remove the meat from the casserole again, transfer it to a dish.
- Place the casserole dish on high heat until the sauce thickens.
- Off the heat, add the yoghurts, mix and pour the sauce over the meat.
Serve with Thai or basmati rice.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche