As a starter or salad, the prawns and mango go perfectly together. Here is an idea of an original and full of freshness recipe to start the meal.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 12 prawns floods
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 mango
- 4 small new white onions
- 250 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 green chili
- 1 piece of ginger fresh
- 1 untreated lime
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cl of water
- Salt pepper.
Recipe from the salade of prawns and mangoes
- Shell the prawns. Sauté them in 2 tbsp. oil, over high heat, with brown sugar, about 1 minute per side, until browned and pink.
- Grate the lemon zest, squeeze its juice.
- Mix the chili and ginger into pieces with the rest of the oil, lemon juice, 5 cl of hot water, salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon zest and set aside.
- Combine the salad leaves, the sliced onions and the diced mango in a salad bowl.
- Arrange the prawns on top, then drizzle with the green Creole sauce.
- Keep fresh until ready to serve.
Photo credit: Cedus