Properly spicy and deliciously flavored, this chicken curry recipe is as easy as it is quick to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 onions
- 2 shallots
- 2 podsgarlic
- 1 pepper red
- 2 tbsp. coffee of ginger fresh
- 1 chicken of 1.2 kg
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp. coffee sugar
- 1 tsp. teaspoon flour
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of curry
- 15 cl of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 15 cl of water
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Peel and chop the onions and shallots.
- Peel, degerm and chop the garlic.
- Peel, peel and dice the pepper.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces.
In a casserole dish,
- Melt the butter, just brown the chicken pieces in it.
- Remove the meat and degrease the casserole dish.
- Add the shallots, onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle with sugar and sweat over low heat.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle with flour and curry, mix off the heat then return to the heat. Pour in the cream and water.
- Add the ginger. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the chicken from the casserole, keep it warm.
- Add the pepper to the contents of the casserole dish, bring to a boil so as to reduce the cooking juices (until a smooth consistency is obtained). Add the reserved chicken. Warm up.
To serve !
This dish can be served with sucrines or basmati rice with dried fruits (raisins, soft apricots, dates, toasted flaked almonds).
You can replace the water with coconut milk.
Chisel : cut into small cubes.
Reduce : evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Calories per person: 208.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel