Crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle, here is the chicken nuggets with tartar sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 chicken cutlets (guinea fowl, turkey ...)
- 80 g clarified butter
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 100g of flour
- 2 eggs
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 40 g mustard
- 15 cl of oil (grape seeds, peanuts ...)
- 5 cl of vinegar
- 30 g of pickles
- 30 g capers
- 1 shallot
- 5 cl of whole liquid cream
- 3 strands of chive
- 3 strands of parsley
- Salt pepper
Chicken nuggets and tartar sauce
For the poultry nuggets:
- The day before, cut the chicken cutlets into pieces (about 6 x 1 cm). Place them in a large bowl, pour in the cold milk. Let marinate overnight in the refrigerator. The next day, drain them well.
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs and whole beaten eggs in 3 separate plates.
- Pass the chicken strips successively in the flour, in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper, place the nuggets on it without touching each other. Drizzle with clarified butter.
- Put in the high position. Cook for about 10 minutes on each side. The nuggets should be golden.
For the tartar sauce:
- Make a mayonnaise: in a salad bowl, mix 2 egg yolks with the mustard. Gradually whisk in the oil in thin fillets. The mayonnaise begins to set, it should be very firm.
Stir in the vinegar.
- Cook the 2 remaining eggs for 10 minutes in boiling water so as to obtain hard-boiled eggs. Peel them, keep only the yolks.
- Peel and chop the shallot. Chop the capers, pickles and hard-boiled egg yolks. Incorporate everything into the mayonnaise with the washed and chopped herbs. Relax the whole with the liquid cream.
- Enjoy the nuggets accompanied by the tartar sauce.
- Mayonnaise has a shelf life of 24 hours at + 4 ° C.
On the cellar side, wine to accompany the chicken nuggets
Nuggets certainly have a crunchy, meaty texture that doesn't lack charm, but they are rather tasteless and not very aromatic. It is therefore up to the sauce to identify these two dimensions. A real bouquet of aromatic herbs highlighted by the acidic and spicy flavors, the tartar sauce has all the characteristics required to transcend our preparation and make it a colorful dish. The result will therefore force us to choose expressive wines that do not suffer too much from the presence of vinegar and the many vegetable nuances of the sauce. The choice of southern wines, which better withstand confrontation with this type of character, is therefore required in both red and white. In this last category, the milky and toasted scents and the suppleness of the mouth of a Chardonnay in Pays d'Oc wine will do wonders. In red, the balsamic and floral notes of a Pic st Loup and its round and suave mouth will satisfy the amateur for a contrasting alliance.
Words from the kitchen
Clarified butter: melted butter then decanted, from which the whey and casein are removed. This butter has the advantage of being able to be heated at high temperature without burning.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan