Here is a vegetable recipe full of freshness, diet and easy to make, lettuce makis with crunchy vegetables.
Preparation: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 8 beautiful leaves of lettuce
- 300 g of cooked rice (ideally sushi rice *)
- 8 radish
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion new
- 100 g of cottage cheese
- 1 bunch of chive
- 1 pinch of salt.
Ingredients to prepare the sushi rice:
4 tbsp. to s. rice vinegar, 2 tbsp. sugar, salt
Recipe for lettuce makis with crunchy vegetables
Wash and dry the salad leaves. Remove the larger ribs from the lettuce leaves with a knife and cut them into equal halves.
Wash the radishes and the carrot then cut them into small sticks.
Place a little well-cooked rice, a few carrot and radish sticks, a piece of onion greens and again a little rice on each lettuce half-leaf lengthwise.
Make tight rolls then cut the rolls obtained into sections of 4 to 5 cm. Surround each bite with a sprig of chives to keep them tight.
Dice the bulb of the onion very small and set aside.
Make the sauce : In a bowl,
- pour in the cottage cheese,
- the small diced onion and add the remaining finely chopped chives.
- Salt and mix well.
The makis are ready to be eaten soaked in the cottage cheese and chive sauce.
* Cooking, flavoring and making sushi rice: Rinse 300g Japanese sushi rice thoroughly in a colander until the water runs clear. Drain well. Pour the rice into a saucepan with 30 cl of water. Cover and bring to a boil for 5 minutes of cooking. Lower the heat and cook over low heat for another 10 min. Turn off the heat, remove the lid and let stand 10 min. In another saucepan, pour 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 nice pinches of salt then bring them to a boil. Pour the cooked rice into a salad bowl then pour the sweet vinegar over it. Mix well and let everything come to room temperature before assembling the maki.
radish tops can be prepared by radish top soup but also used raw (and chopped) to season a salad with a spicy note.
© Philippe Dufour / Interfel