Fragrant and spicy, this roasted coconut lamb Colombo recipe is just as easy to make!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 800 g boneless shoulder of lamb
- 2 limes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 red onions
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large can of peeled tomatoes
- 20 cl of coconut milk
- 20 cl of fresh cream
- 1 tsp. of 4 spices
- 10 g of colombo spices
- 1 cui. powdered ginger
- 1 tsp. grated coconut
- Salt pepper
Grilled Coconut Lamb Colombo
- Squeeze and collect the juice from the lemons.
- Peel, degerm, wash and chop the garlic.
- Cut the lamb into cubes. Place them in a salad bowl, pour in the juice of a lime, add a chopped garlic clove, a pinch of salt, the 4 spices and a touch of colombo. Mix and marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- During this time, peel, wash and mince the onions.
- In a casserole dish, heat the oil and butter, sear the lamb until browned. Season and remove the meat from the casserole dish. Instead, sweat the red onions and the rest of the garlic. When they are translucent, replace the meat, sprinkle with the colombo. Mix, add the tomatoes and the juice of the second lime. Simmer 40 minutes, covered.
- After 40 minutes of cooking, pour in the coconut milk and cream.
Add the ginger, mix and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Heat a dry pan, place the grated coconut in it, roast lightly.
- Serve the colombo sprinkled with coconut!
You can garnish this recipe with lime zest.
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Sweat : remove the water from the vegetation of a vegetable by heating it gently without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Roast : heat a food without fat to release its taste.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret