Ideal as an aperitif, here is the recipe for puff pastry twists with tapenade, an original, easy and quick way to entertain friends for an aperitif.
Preparation : 15 min
Cooking : 15 min
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 egg
- 5 cl of milk
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 small pot of tapenade
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground pepper
Puff pastry twists with tapenade
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
In a ramekin,
- Crack the egg and reserve the yolk.
- Place it in a ramekin with a pinch of salt and the milk, mix well.
- Unroll the puff pastry, spread the tapenade on it.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Season with pepper.
- Cut strips of puff pastry.
- Roll the puff pastry into a twist, tightening it well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread the twists on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Using a brush, lightly brush the puff pastry with the egg / milk mixture.
- Bake at 180 ° C (th.6) and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until nicely colored.
You can replace the tapenade with chutney.
Find out more about the tapenade
The origin of this condiment is still uncertain: its existence may date back to Roman times ...
His first appearance in French gastronomy took place in 1880, in Marseille: Chef Meunier created a puree of capers and olives, to which he added anchovy fillets and marinated tuna.
While this recipe was invented at the time to accompany hard-boiled eggs, today's tapenade lends itself to many other uses:aperitif for the preparation of appetizers (sandwiches, canapes, sauce or stuffing for small vegetables ...), for stuffing poultry, flavoring pies, pasta ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais