Smooth in the heart and gratinated on top, this zucchini with Emmental puree is an ideal accompaniment to poultry and fish.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 kg of courgettes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 100 g grated Emmental
- Coarse salt
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Gratinated zucchini puree
In a large saucepan, heat water.
- Wash and cut the zucchini into pieces, without peeling them.
- Once the water boils, add 2 handfuls of coarse salt.
- Add the zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes. They should be cooked but remain slightly firm.
- Peel the garlic cloves, mash them and add them to the zucchini.
- Drain and pass the zucchini in a potato masher, fork or blender depending on the desired texture. Drain off excess water.
- Add the butter, mix, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into small casseroles or a large dish.
- Sprinkle with grated Emmental.
- Pass under the broiler and serve immediately.
Perfect for a light dish in the evening or as an accompaniment to fish, white meat ...
Learn more about Emmental
A cooked pressed cheese, Emmental is dressed in a nicely colored golden yellow rind. Soft and smooth, its ivory paste
is particularly fine and flexible, sown with regular openings.
The sweetness and fruitiness of this cheese is best appreciated during a natural tasting, especially for the heart of the wheel, smooth to perfection. Sprinkled on a salad or a gratin, its fondant is delicious, especially associated with white meats or smoked foods whose tastes balance with its sweetness.
Zucchini, with its discreet scents and flavors, gives the dish little character, the essence of which will be linked to the
presence of Emmental with its milky and dried fruit notes.
In order to accentuate the dimensions provided by the cheese, we will turn to a white wine made from Chardonnay grape variety from the southern terroirs of Burgundy, like a White macon, of the same aromatic nature and which, like Emmental, has roundness and tenderness.
Those who would like to avoid this tone-on-tone alliance by bringing contrast and freshness to the preparation will find the fruitiness and acidity of a gamay d'Anjou the ideal partner for their agreement.
Price ideas (in 2013):
- White macon 5 to 15 €
- Gamay d'Anjou € 3 to 6
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel