Treat yourself to these delicious arancini-style French Emmental meatballs, this Sicilian specialty.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 50 cl of vegetable broth
- 280 g long brown rice
- 50 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of starch potatoes
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 80 g Emmental, diced
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- spices of your choice
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
French Emmental meatballs (arancini)
- In a sauté pan, pour the boiling vegetable broth, add the rice and the butter. Cook until the liquid is completely absorbed. Pour into a salad bowl, leave to cool, add the eggs, starch, parsley previously minced, then season to taste.
- Shape the balls in the palm of your hands: take a little rice, dig slightly, add the cheese in the middle and close the ball.
Then roll the arancini in breadcrumbs.
- In a deep fryer or a pan, fry the meatballs.
If the meatballs are difficult to form, feel free to add a little more cornstarch, season accordingly.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel