Ingredients for 4 persons :
For the soup:
- 300 g of green beans
- 300 g of snow peas
- 500 g white coconut beans
- 500g shelled red tiger beans
- 2 courgettes
- 3 potatoes medium (including 1 for pesto)
- 4 tomatoes "Heart" (or other very fleshy).
For the pesto:
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 10 c. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt pepper
- 200 g of pasta.
Homemade pesto soup recipe
Remove the stems from the green beans and cut them in half (see in thirds if they are too large).
Prune the tomatoes:
- immerse them for about 1 minute in boiling water and then immerse them in ice water to remove the skin.
- Cut them in 4 and seed them.
Peel potatoes ; keep one whole and cut the others into cubes.
Shell the white and red coconut beans.
Boil 3 liters of water in a large saucepan, add the beans (coconuts and greens), thyme and potatoes (whole and cubes) then cook for 1 hour over low heat. Add the sliced courgettes then the tomatoes. Cook for another 30 minutes over low heat.
Prepare the pesto:
- Peel and degerm the garlic and pound it with the basil (in a mortar with a pestle).
- Add a little olive oil, mash again and start mashing the whole cooked potato.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish by gradually pouring in the olive oil until you get a creamy consistency.
When ready to serve,
- Heat the soup over low heat and add the pasta to cook (8 to 12 minutes depending on the type of pasta).
- Serve the pesto separately.
- Each guest will flavor the soup as they wish.
Homemade pesto soup: © Philippe Dufour / Interfel