Magret is one of the favorite dishes of the French and it is not surprising that this meat with such a fine and refined taste is so popular.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
If it is not the fishing season, it is perfectly fine to use canned peaches.
- 2 beautiful duck breasts
- 3 Peaches
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 10 cl of meat stock (ideally veal)
- 1 tsp of sherry vinegar
This sweet and savory duck breast with peach recipe has a rare flavor.
Recipe for duck breast with peaches:
Preparing the duck breast with peaches is quick and easy, while the result is really delicious. You have to be careful not to not too leather the duck breasts so that they stay slightly pink inside.
- Start with the preparation of the fruits
- Peel and pit the peaches before cutting them into 4
- Cut the skin of the duck breasts in crosses about 1 mm thick.
- In a sauté pan, place the breasts skin side down then cook for 2 minutes over high heat to brown the fat side
- Turn the breasts over and let brown for 2 minutes on the other side
- Remove the fat and cook for another 5 minutes on each side
- Reserve the duck breasts in aluminum foil
- With the remaining fat, brown the peach quarters for 2 minutes, turning them regularly
- Add the sherry vinegar first, then the honey and finally the veal stock
- Bring everything to a boil then turn off the heat
- Cut the duck breasts into 2 cm sections
- Serve with the peaches and top it all with the honey sauce
This dish can be served as is or with hash browns or small steamed vegetables.
Enjoy your meal !
Recipe proposed by Nathalie (37)