Served over pasta, as a tapas on toast or with fish or poultry skewers, this zucchini pesto is a real treat!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 courgettes
- 50 g salers cheese
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- 50 g of cream cheese (like St Morêt)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wash and cut the courgettes into pieces.
- Cook them in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Be careful to keep them slightly firm.
- Drain and crush them.
- Grate the salers.
- Wash, dry and chop the basil.
- Once the puree has cooled (about 1 hour), add the cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil. Mix well and adjust in salt if necessary.
Serve over pasta, as a tapas on toast or with fish or poultry skewers.
The courgette : Zucchini stems are often prolific, and in season you may not know what to do with these vegetables. To enjoy them all year round, you can freeze them. Just wash them, dry them, cut them into 3 or 4 cm cubes, then place them in a freezer bag. When thawed, the consistency of the pieces won't be as firm as after picking them up, but they will be great for making soups, soups and purees.
Read also: how to grow zucchini
Find out more about cottage cheese
Fresh cheese: With an early taste, fresh cheese offers a fresh and melting sensation in the mouth. Prepared quite simply with milk, some of these cheeses are also sold with a hint of cream or seasoned with a pinch of salt and a few herbs, to vary the pleasures.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche