Here is a real recipe from the sea with this delicious crab and salicornia pie.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 jar of samphire (200 g drained)
- 20 cl of semi-skimmed milk
- 20 g of cornstarch
- 40 cl of liquid cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- ½ tsp. teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 puff pastry
- 250g fresh crab meat
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Crab and samphire pie
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Drain the salicornia.
- Mix the milk with the starch, then 20 cl of cream, mix well.
- Break the eggs, place them in a salad bowl, beat them into an omelet, pour in the rest of the cream, mix and incorporate the milk / starch and spices.
- Beat again and season.
- Roll out the puff pastry in a pie dish.
- Prick the pie shell, distribute the crab meat and the samphire.
- Pour the contents of the salad bowl.
Bake for about 35 minutes.
Find out more ...
Harvested in the spring, the young salicornia shoots can be eaten raw, on their own or in a mixed salad, plain or topped with a drizzle of vinaigrette. Along with fish, red meats or poultry, this plant is eaten just pan-fried in butter, garlic and parsley. While it makes delicious soups, it is also confit in vinegar, replacing pickles to enhance the taste of cold meats, fish or cold meat or even raclette.
Liquid cream, known as whipping cream, is a fresh cream that has not undergone any seeding. Soft and light, it contains at least 30% fat and incorporates many more bubbles in its mass than other creams, which is why it is recommended for the preparation of whipped cream.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche