We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Delicious, the strawberry jelly with basil is also a recipe full of freshness.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 30 cl of water
- 10 cl of red wine
- 80 g brown sugar
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 250 g of strawberries
- 150 g heavy whole cream
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 4 sheets of basil
- Freshly ground pepper
Strawberry jelly with basil
- In a saucepan, pour the water, wine and sugar, bring to a boil and add 3 turns of the mill. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Filter the syrup obtained and leave to cool (about 1 hour).
- Soften the gelatin sheets in very cold water.
- Pour the wine syrup with pepper in a saucepan and add the well-wrung gelatin. Mix and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reserve.
- During this time, wash and remove the stems from the strawberries. Cut them into cubes, place them in verrines and pour in the lukewarm syrup.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream into a whipped cream, incorporating the icing sugar and the chopped basil.
- Using a pocket and a nozzle, decorate the top of the jellies.
If strawberries are invading your garden, consider making jams, the combination of strawberries and basil retains all legitimacy also in
the jams! So you will continue to enjoy these summer flavors all year round!
In sprigs or in bunch, choose it fresh (dried, it loses all its flavor), with shiny, smooth, very green leaves and without spots.
Here is a dessert whose simplicity is matched only by its delicacy. Everything is put here at the service of the fruit, whether it is the softness of the gelatin which gives it fullness and persistence, or the aniseed notes of basil which support its aromatic freshness.
To stay in the same tone, we can take a sparkling rosé from the Loire Valley, preferably from Pineau d'Aunis, which has peppery nuances which we know to enhance the character of strawberries.
As for lovers of sweetness, they will look for it in natural sweet wines, such as a Rivesaltes which they will take preferably red and young in order to remain in the same aromatic field as the dessert.
Price ideas (in 2013):
- Sparkling rosé from Aunis € 5 to 8
- Rivesaltes young red 10 to 15 €
Wellness and strawberries
Regardless of the variety, strawberries are always refreshing and not very sweet. Rich in water (90%) and very low in carbohydrates (6 to 9%), it provides only 35 calories per 100 g, on average, which places it at the top of the fruit to be eaten in all circumstances!
Poor in proteins and lipids, it provides mineral salts, vitamins (C, PB, PP) and above all taste pleasure!
- To read: health benefits and virtues of strawberries
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel