A delicious recipe imagined by Gioachino Rossini, the Rossini tournedos is a delicious way to cook beef tournedos.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g of Italian grapes
- 50 g butter
- 15 cl of veal stock
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- 4 tournedos
- 4 nice slices of foie gras
- 10 cl of port
- Salt flower
- Freshly ground pepper
Rossini style tournedos
- Wash and peel the grapes.
- In a sauté pan, melt 25 g of butter, add the grapes, brown them lightly and add the veal stock. Cook for just 5 minutes, adjust the seasoning and keep warm.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and the rest of the butter, sear the tournedos for about 2 minutes on each side. Season with fleur de sel and pepper.
- At the same time, in another pan, sear the slices of foie gras for a few seconds, deglaze with port. Season.
- In a hot plate, dress the tournedos, place a string of sauce all around with the grapes and place the foie gras on the meat. Serve immediately.
You can serve this dish with seasonal vegetables, mashed potatoes or a mug of vegetable mousse.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel