The carrot is an ideal vegetable to be cooked in a verrine, whether as a starter or as an aperitif.
Enhance the taste of carrots with cumin and delight your friends with this delicious recipe.
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 15 to 20 min
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
This represents about 12 small verrines.
- 1 kg of carrots
- 1 onion
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- Cumin powder
- Salt pepper
Carrot and cumin verrines recipe
The success of this recipe lies in the quality of the cooking of the carrots. They should not be too firm or too cooked because they would be too full of water.
- Start by peeling then washing the carrots
- Cut the carrots into small slices,
- Finely mince the onion
- Cover and cook the carrots and onion in a knob of butter
- Add the cumin (be careful not to add too much, it is better to add more if necessary than vice versa)
- Cooking lasts 15 to 20 minutes
- Add a little water if necessary during cooking
Once cooking is complete, take a blender.
- Mix the carrots and onion
- Add the liquid cream until a compact foam is obtained
- Put this mousse in the verrine
- Add a mint leaf as a decoration
Enjoy your meal !