Deliciously flavored with coriander, the fruit salad is light and easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 shallot
- 3 large tomatoes (green, red, yellow)
- 50 g of fresh sheep's or goat's cheese (feta)
- 1 red onion
- 150 g of strawberries
- ½ pineapple
- ½ bunch of coriander
- 1 lime juice
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Salted fruit salad
- Peel and mince the shallot.
- Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes.
- Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Peel and mince the red onion.
- Wash, dry and reserve the strawberries.
- Peel and dice the pineapple.
- Wash, dry and peel the coriander.
- Wash and remove the lemon zest. Squeeze its juice.
- Prepare the vinaigrette starting with the salt, pepper and lemon juice (the lemon juice melts the salt), then add the minced shallot and oil.
- Present all the ingredients with the coriander on plates or in a beautiful salad bowl.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with vinaigrette.
Find out more about coriander
Known as "Arabian parsley" or "Chinese parsley", the coriander is both an aromatic plant and a very old spice. The Hebrews used it to garnish their cakes and the Romans to preserve their meats.
Usually, we consume the dried seeds in powder or whole (curry powder, essential oils…) and the fresh or dried leaves to enhance the dishes. The roots can also be used.
Queen of Mediterranean and Oriental cuisine, it perfumes soups, stews, vegetables, marinades, raw vegetables and pastries.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel