You want to make an easy, inexpensive and quick dinner aperitif, surprise your guests with these mini smoked fish sandwiches.
Preparation : 15 min
Difficulty level : Easy
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 12 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1⁄2 bunch of radish
- 1⁄2 bunch of chive
- 50 g smoked fish
- 120 g white cheese
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Mini smoked fish sandwiches
- Remove the crust from the slices of sandwich bread.
- Wash, hull and mince the radishes.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Slice the smoked fish.
In a salad bowl,
- Combine the cottage cheese, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix and adjust the seasoning.
- Toast the slices of white bread until a nice golden color appears.
- Generously spread a slice of bread with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Cover with some radishes, chives and smoked fish.
- Top with a new slice of bread.
Cut these sandwiches on the diagonal to obtain a triangle.
About smoked fish
Smoked fish :
Sometimes considered a luxury product, appreciated at the end of the year celebrations, smoked fish has now become a common consumer product.
Salmon, trout, eel, herring, haddock (haddock), halibut, sturgeon… all are cleaned, prepared in fillets, salted, desalted and then dried.
The smoking is either artisanal or industrial. The big difference lies among other things in the quantity of fish smoked at the same time, much more important in industry; the smoking time, much longer in the craft; and the selection of sawdust to carry out the smoking, the different species of wood scenting the fish in a variable way (beech, birch, oak, etc.).
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel