A delicious seafood salad with haddock, broccoli, seaweed, sprouts and Bulgarian yogurt sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 broccoli
- 1 container of fresh seaweed (to desalt)
- 300 g of haddock
- 100 g of sprouted shoots
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- flower of salt
Salad From The Sea
- Desalt the algae: immerse them in cold water then rinse.
Repeat the operation at least 3 times. Set them aside in a bowl of water. Slice them.
- Strip the haddock.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into small florets. Cook it the English way: in a large saucepan heat salted water with coarse salt, cook the broccoli for about 15 minutes (they should be cooked but slightly firm).
Drain and cool them in ice water.
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, seaweed, sprouted shoots and haddock. Pepper.
- In a bowl, melt the salt with the white balsamic vinegar, add the honey, mix. Stir in the Bulgarian yogurt.
- Enjoy the sea salad with the cream sauce!
After English cooking, when it comes to green vegetables, immersing the vegetables in very cold water helps fix the chlorophyll (preserve the green color of the vegetable).
Sour cream, very present in many recipes with sauces, depending on the recipe, can be replaced in part or in whole by another dairy product such as Bulgarian yogurt less rich in fat but with a fairly similar consistency. “Bulgarian” yogurt is a real asset in your recipes or in your sauces.
Read also: health benefits and virtues of broccoli
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret