Of Italian origin, focaccia is a flat-shaped bread baked in the oven. Here it is with artichokes and herbs from the garden.
Preparation : 30 min
Cooking : 35 min
Rest : 2 h
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 300 g gluten-free flour
- 5 g of dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. fine salt
- 1 tbsp. of guar gum 20 cl of lukewarm water
- 10 cl of olive oil
- 2 onions
- 1 chicken cutlet
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 800 g tomatoes
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. level tablespoons of sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- 200 g of cheese (feta, Petit Breton, etc.) 1 jar of ’artichokes in oil
- 2 pinches of chilli
Recipe for Focaccias with cheese and artichokes
- In the bowl of the food processor, place the flour, baking powder, fine salt and guar gum. Mix then pour the water and 5 cl of oil in the middle. Mix well for 10 minutes.
- When the dough is elastic, remove it, form a ball and place it in a salad bowl. Cover with a tea towel and let rise between 1:30 and 2 hours in a dry, warm place. The dough must double in volume.
- Peel and mince the onions.
- Slice the chicken.
- Wash and mince the pepper.
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut them into pieces.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, brown the onion. Add the chicken, cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, sugar, lemon juice and 5 cl of water. Cook over medium heat. The sauce should thicken.
- Cut the cheese.
- Do not drain the artichokes and mince them.
- Roll out the dough, place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Let rise again for 30 to 40 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 210 C ° (th. 7),
- Prick the dough with 2 fingers.
- Pour and spread the tomato and chicken preparations. Arrange the artichokes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour in 5 cl of oil, pepper, salt very lightly (the cheese is already salted) and add the rosemary.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
When ready to serve, cut the focaccia into pieces and enjoy warm or cold.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel