As an aperitif as a tapas or as a starter, these fresh cheese, strawberry and basil slices are deliciously flavored.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 nice slices of country bread
- 12 beautiful basil leaves
- 100 g of whipped cream cheese (like Madame Loïc)
- 4 beautiful strawberries
- Salt pepper
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 2 pink onions
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp. powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp. of 4 spices
- 1 tbsp. teaspoon sea salt
- 160 g dark brown sugar
- 20 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 15 cl of sweet white wine
- 40 cl of balsamic vinegar
Fresh cheese, strawberries and basil spread
For the strawberry chutney:
- Peel, seed and dice the apple.
- Wash, hull and cut the strawberries in half.
- Peel, wash and mince the onions, sweat them in 1/2 salt butter. Add the apple. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Add the strawberries.
Mix, add the sugar, spices, ginger and fleur de sel.
Cook for 10 minutes. Finally, pour in the vinegar, let evaporate 2 to 3 minutes and pour in the sweet wine. Cook covered for 1 hour to 1:30. Adjust seasoning.
- Stem and wash the strawberries. Slice them.
- Wash the basil. Place on each sheet, a slice of strawberries then a teaspoonful of seasoned cream cheese.
- Arrange a layer of strawberry chutney on each toast. On top, place the garnished basil leaves. Finish with a touch of chutney.
To enjoy as an aperitif, or as a starter!
The strawberry chutney can be replaced by chutney from figs.
Words from the kitchen
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Sweat : remove the vegetation water from a vegetable by gently heating it without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Photo: S. Thommeret